Killing The Rising Sun

Killing The rising Sun is a book about the historical events that happened for America to bring down Japan. I thought the book was very good. The book tells the story from different points of view. The book tells of what different people thought of the war. My favorite section of kind of point of view was where there was no mercy. I know that sounds extreme but "When you have to deal with a beast you have to treat him as a beast. It is most regrettable but nevertheless true."When you have to deal with a beast you have to treat him as a beast. It is most regrettable but nevertheless true." Harry Truman understood what we had to do to defeat an enemy that would rather die than lose a war. I completely agree. How do you treat someone is  mean to you. You want to be mean back and get some revenge. After Pearl Harbor this is how America felt. I believe without leader like truman; who was not merciful in dropping the atomic bombs; we would have lost the war. If we hadn't dropped the bombs then we would have drug the war on much longer. We would have had to invade the Japanese mainland causing millions of deaths on both sides. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Post

What have I learned in my teens?

Blitzkrieg